Yorkshire Dance gets its Bronze AwardThu 26 January 2017
One year ago, Yorkshire Dance started working alongside national environmental accreditation scheme ‘Investors in the Environment’ (IiE). IiE is designed to help organisations save both time and money, but most importantly reduce their impact on the environment.
As cited in the Yorkshire Dance Environmental Policy “Yorkshire Dance aims to ensure that it carries out all its work with minimal impact on the environment. It is committed to reducing its energy use and its carbon footprint in all aspects of its operations.” Working with IiE allowed us to set achievable “eco” targets and establish a path of continual improvement to demonstrate that we are upholding this policy.
Good News! Thanks to a number of environmental developments, in January 2017 Yorkshire Dance achieved its BRONZE award.
Here are a few examples of what we did:
- Switched to a new waste contractor who could provide us with a dry mixed recycling service (we could previously only recycle paper/card).
- Established an improved recycling system throughout the main areas of the Yorkshire Dance building.
- Displayed ‘Switch Off’ stickers on light switches to remind all building users to turn off lights.
- Installed ‘save-a-flush’ bags to achieve low flush toilets.
- Ensured efficient printer set up to reduce paper and ink consumption and purchased recycled paper for all office functions.
- Encouraged staff to receive their payslips electronically.
…and many more!