Call Out for Dance Artists – Company of People
Yorkshire Dance is launching a new project titled ‘Company of People’ with support of Paul Hamlyn Foundation and Creative Europe.
Company of People is a 3-year project which explores the creation of a community performance company representing the intersections of ages, genders, abilities and ethnic backgrounds.
The project is rooted in the communities of Chapeltown and Harehills and works closely with four key partners: RJC Dance, Feel Good Factor, House of Flava and Space2.
Starting in June 2021, this 3-year project is split into different phases. The first phase starts in June and will run until December 2021.
We are looking for inspirational dance artists to join our team and bring to life the first phase of work. You need to be interested in working in a collaborative way; have experience of working with a number of communities who have no previous dance experience; have a distinct choreographic practice; and have an interest in exploring gender, access, race and ethnic identities.
We are particularly interested in applicants from underrepresented intersections of gender and race. In particular we are interested in hearing from dance artists with all African, African Caribbean or all Asian heritage, which reflects the diverse ethnicities represented in the Chapeltown and Harehills area. It is also important for us to hear from Trans, Non Binary artists and artists with a disability (inclusive of neurodivergence, mental health conditions, chronic illness or other disabling conditions.)
If you are interested in applying please download the job pack.
We are holding an information session on 6th May, where you can come and meet the partners, find out more about the project/application process and ask any questions you might have.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please download the job pack and read it carefully.
- Decide which role you are applying for
- Send us a video of your response to the key questions (outlined in the job pack) to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot send an application via video, please email us (email@example.com) and we will support you with your application.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon Monday 17th May
Key Project Dates:
- Artists Selection Day: 28th May
- Artist Training Day: 18th June
- Project start date: June – December 2021
- If selected you will be paid to attend the artist’s selection day.
Rates of pay:
- Lead Artist: £40 per hour
- Planning Fee: £150 per day
- Performance Fee: £200 per day
- Supporting Artist: £25 per hour
- Note: Both Lead Artist and Supporting Artist can claim £5 travel per session in addition to fees listed above.
Company of People is in Partnership with: