Commission for Great Exhibition of the North
Yorkshire Dance and Dance City Commission Brief
Great Exhibition of the North
Yorkshire Dance and Dance City are seeking one or two choreographers from the North to create a new piece of choreography to be presented in the public realm, animating one of the Great Exhibition of the North walking routes through Newcastle-Gateshead. This commission is subject to a successful application to the Great Exhibition of the North.
Walking routes are here.
- The commission must celebrate and be an expression of the contemporary North, celebrating today’s creative, digital and intellectual revolution.
- The commission is required to reach a large amount of people, a number of times, over a period of days at some point between mid-June and September 2018 to be agreed with the Great Exhibition of the North Producer. Proposals must consider how the work animates the space, an audience’s experience and how the audience might interact with the work.
- The commissioned choreographer/s must have a track record of creating and delivering high quality work in the public realm.
The overall project budget is up to £40,000. We are looking for 1-2 choreographers.
This work will be co-produced by Dance City and Yorkshire Dance.
Application procedures via email:
- Please provide an outline of your project idea in no more than 250 words.
- Please state your experience of delivering work in the public realm.
- Please provide links to your previous work, in particular work in the public realm.
Send your application proposal to:
Deadline for application: Monday 24 April 2017