Company Assistant (Freelance) | Anjali Dance Company
Anjali Dance Company seeks a pro-active and responsible freelance Company Assistant, with excellent communication skills, to join the company in rehearsals and on tour, supporting the team to present their work to the highest standard.
As part of an experienced and committed team, the Company Assistant will lead on supporting the seven Anjali dancers on tour. Working closely with the Artistic Director and Rehearsal Director, the role would suit those looking to gain experience of touring dance and/or working with people with learning disabilities. This is an exciting, varied and rewarding role for which full training will be given.
Contract: Approximately 40 days from May-November 2019 (the majority of touring will be September-November, schedule available on request).
Fee: £100/£125 (dependent on experience) per day.
Location: rehearsals are held in Banbury, Oxfordshire; touring is across the UK; tour travel, accommodation and subsistence are provided by the company.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build positive and effective working relationships with a small, diverse team
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work with complex schedules
- A calm temperament
- A positive, can-do attitude, willing to take initiative
- Ability to work flexibly and away from home, in response to touring demands
- Confident using public transport and navigating around cities away from home
- Good time-keeping
- Experience working with performance
- Experience working people with learning disabilities, or relevant personal experience
- Leadership skills
- Driving licence and use of a vehicle
To apply, please send a letter of application outlining your interest and relevant experience and availability, together with a CV, to Nicole Thomson, Artistic Director, Anjali Dance Company: email@example.com by Friday 17 May 2019.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Nicole by email or phone 01295 251909 (office days are usually Thursdays and Fridays).
The role will be subject to a DBS check. Anjali Dance Company is an equal opportunities employer.