Dance Partner Projects | R & D a new artistic idea with tailored support by our Artist Development Producer
Yorkshire Dance’s Dance Partner Projects give artists / companies the opportunity to research and develop a new artistic idea / project over a 12-month period with tailored support by our Artist Development Producer, Tanya Steinhauser.
We select up to 2 artists / companies through an open call-out twice a year, with deadlines in June & December. Priority is given to artists living and creating work in Yorkshire / the North.
The opportunity includes supporting artists with:
- studio / residency time (2 – 4 wks)
- co-commissioning fee of £500
- on-going advice, producing & dramaturgy support by YD’s Artist Development Producer
- 2 intensive professional development workshops offering new artistic tools to be adapted in the research, development & feedback of work with experts in the field (ie. dramaturgy, choreography)
We’re interested in working with artists new to us as well as continuing to support those we have already worked with. Selection will take into account:
- The originality and strength of the artistic idea
- Your track record and indication of your talent and hunger to make work for an audience
- How well your work sits with our artistic policy & ethos
How to apply
You will need to complete a proposal in a format of your choosing. We have provided some guidelines below as to the kind of things we are interested in finding out:
- Tell us about your project idea: your idea should already be conceived before applying to the Dance Partner Projects opportunity.
- Tell us about you: what kind of artist are you, give us details of your previous work, your collaborators, people / work you find inspiring and why you would be a good fit for this project. Please include links to videos of your previous work.
- What will you do: as this is a time limited programme, we suggest you think about how you will best use the time you have in the studio and outside the studio, please give an idea of an indicative timeline.
- How do you envisage you would benefit from the support through our artist development producer?
- Professional development: why you are interested in the opportunity to further develop your practice in the fields of choreography & dramaturgy.
If you are writing this proposal please ensure the total word count does not exceed 750 words. We also welcome filmed / recorded proposals.
Please send proposals to email@example.com
Deadline: Monday 4 June, 10.00am
Interviews: w/c 18 June (if you have been successful in the shortlisting stage you will be invited to an interview by Wed 13 June)
Programme starts: July 2018 for a 12-month period
Artist development workshops by experts in the field will take place in October 2017 & March 2018 (you will need to be available for both)
Programme finishes: June 2019