Call for Apprentice Dancers | Great Exhibition of the North 2018 | MESH by Vanessa Grasse
Choreographer Vanessa Grasse is looking for two apprentice dancers to join her new project MESH, which will be performed as part of The Great Exhibition of the North.
£500 bursary available for each apprentice
Please note: you must be based in the North East.
Who are we looking for?
• Two apprentice dancers with good contact and improvisational skills
• Friendly and enthusiastic with ability to work with a cast of professional dancers and community participants
• 3rd year dance students or recent graduates
• Good team worker and mature attitude
• Full availability throughout rehearsal and performance dates
• Able to work at a professional standard
Your role in the project and what you will achieve:
• Providing support to community participants in rehearsal and performances
• Combining dancers’ and participants’ movement and engaging with the audience
• Gain experience of working in a professional project
• Learn from Vanessa’s unique choreographic group approach which uses improvisation, contact and site-responsive research
• Skills in working with large groups for site-specific work
How to apply?
You must be free to attend a workshop at Dance City, Temple St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4BR on Sunday 20 May 11.00am – 4.00pm.
Please contact Alex Anslow to book a place on the workshop and answer the following:
• Please tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?
• What interests you about this project?
• Do you have any performance experience, and if so what?
0191 261 0505 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 7 May 2018
To join the project you must be available on the following dates:
Sat 2 Jun 1.00pm – 4.00pm
Sun 3 Jun 11.00am – 2.00pm
Sat 16 Jun 1.00pm – 5.00pm
Sun 17 Jun 1.00pm – 5.00pm
Wed 20 Jun 10.00am – 3.00pm
Thu 21 Jun 2.30pm – 5.00pm
22 – 24 Jun 10.00am – 6.00pm
20 – 22 Jul 10.00am – 6.00pm
3 – 5 Aug 10.00am – 6.00pm
For more information about the work please visit getnorth2018.com/mesh