No Dress Code – a scratch night
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Friday 1 February 2019
No Dress Code is our new informal scratch night of new and exciting works-in-progress. Artists will have the opportunity to receive audience feedback on their work in a relaxed and informal setting.
Artists will be able to direct specific questions which they would like to gain feedback and further insight on to our friendly and supportive audience.
This evening will bring together independent choreographers and dance companies from across Yorkshire who are working on the small scale, to showcase their work in a supportive environment.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• short, finished new works, which have had little or no previous audience exposure
• excerpts of new works, which have had little or no previous audience exposure
• works-in-progress that have had at least two weeks development in a studio and which is being structured into a performance
Proposals should be for pieces that are:
• between 5 – 15 minutes max in duration
• technically simple and adaptable to quick turnarounds
• self-supporting in terms of props/set/equipment
Yorkshire Dance will provide 70% of the box office income to be divided equally between all the participating artists/companies.
HOW TO APPLY
Inclusion of a video submission is strongly encouraged.
Application deadline: Monday 17 December 2018
All proposals will be considered by Yorkshire Dance. Short listing of work will be on the basis of the strength of the artistic idea, the suitability for this particular event and for technical and logistical feasibility. You will be informed if you have been successful or not by Friday 21 December 2018.