Call for new work for SLAPmoves
SLAPmoves is all about emerging art from the next generation of pioneering talent. SLAP invites recent graduates and ﬁnal year students of dance / theatre / performance whose themes of focus are based upon movement to submit proposals of work for the chance to be shortlisted for a professional platform on Friday 27 April at the York Theatre Royal, attended and judged by industry specialists and the audience.
We invite you to submit your idea through an open application process, with the potential of winning a commission to develop your work – including rehearsal space, further performances, match funding, mentor-ing and production support.
- The work must be no longer than 15min.
- The work can be any discipline as long as it is live.
- The choreographer / lead artist must be final year student or have graduated from higher education within the last year.
- Each company that is selected to perform at SLAPmoves will receive a budget of up to £50 towards travel costs for the 27th of April
- Each company will receive judges feedback, photographs and video of their work.
The commission package includes:
- A performance at Yorkshire dance on Friday 4 May
- 1 week of rehearsal space at Yorkshire Dance
- 1 week of rehearsal space at York Dance Space
- 1 week of rehearsal space at SLAP studio
- 1 week of rehearsal space at York St John University
- Workshop opportunities at York Dance Space
- Technical support from York St John University
- Mentoring and producing support from SLAP
- A studio performance at York Theatre Royal in February 2019
- Match funding of £500#
- Support to apply for further funding
Please apply using our online form found here – slapyork.co.uk
Deadline: Wednesday 28 March, 5pm