Financial Support available for Youth Dance Groups in Yorkshire
As part of Yorkshire Dance’s Covid recovery, we would like to extend financial support to youth dance groups across Yorkshire who have struggled during the past 16 months and now are trying to re-establish work with children and young people.
We would like to offer this support to youth groups from any area of Yorkshire and the Humber who are run by independent freelance artists (i.e. are not attached to or supported by a National Portfolio Organisation or a Private Dance School).
We want to meet the needs of youth dance groups and their leaders and remain flexible in our approach. Below are some examples of how we imagine the opportunity would allow you to develop but we are open to all suggestions:
- To resume regular dance sessions where they have been unable to do so
- To invite a guest artist or choreographer to lead guest workshops
- To raise aspirations and broaden horizons, for example by enable a group trip (e.g. to watch a performance or take part in workshops elsewhere)
- To enable an exchange with another youth dance group
- To seed-fund a new idea or project
Any activity proposed must take place between October 2021 and March 2022.
HOW MUCH SUPPORT IS ON OFFER?
We are able to support between 6 and 10 groups with between £500 and £1000 per group. Please only ask for what you need so that we can make this small resource go further and support more groups.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
Email Hannah Robertshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line YOUTH DANCE GROUP SUPPORT no later than by midday on Monday 20th September 2021. Please include:
- Your name and contact details
- The name of your youth dance group and where they are based
- How much money you are asking for
- An outline of what you would like to do and why
- How you have consulted with young people
If you would like to tell us about your idea in a different way, please contact Hannah. This could include sending us a short video or voice recording if this is your preferred way of applying.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
A team of 3 people from Yorkshire Dance will read your proposal. We will then consult with representatives from the Regional Dance Hubs/Networks where appropriate. We will ensure that support is provided to at least one youth dance group from each area of Yorkshire and the Humber (North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and North/North East Lincolnshire).
We will contact everyone via email, including those who we are unable to support, no later than the 24th September 2021.