Yorkshire Dance believes that the climate crisis is one of the major issues facing our world and society at the current time. We commit to taking action and making positive changes in all aspects of our operations and programming in order to influence and bring about positive environmental change.
Yorkshire Dance aims to ensure that we carry out all our work with minimal impact on the environment. We are committed to reducing our energy use and our carbon footprint in all aspects of our operations – building and facilities management, organisation management, procurement and purchasing, and artistic activity – adhering to all relevant legislation and promoting good environmental practice at every opportunity.
Read our Climate Crisis Declaration here.
Download our full Environmental Action Plan here.
Our environmental objectives
Buildings and Facilities Management
- Reduce energy use (gas) and carbon emissions / maximize energy efficiency.
- Reduce energy use (electric) and carbon emissions / maximize energy efficiency.
- Reduce water consumption.
- Reduce paper consumption.
- Reduce waste / increase opportunities to reuse and recycle.
Organisation Management and Procurement
- Review travel and transport behaviour to reduce carbon emissions.
- Achieve continual improvement of environmental performance.
Programming and Activity
- Achieve continual improvement of environmental performance with regards to programming and activity.
- To highlight environmental issues through the work we showcase and programme.