We are currently recruiting for new members of our Board of Trustees.
If you are interested in finding out more about the trustee roles, please email Exec Director Bhuvan Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Members of Yorkshire Dance Board of Trustees
Voluntary position covering out of pocket expenses
Are you someone who is passionate about the arts, dance and its impact in the community to create positive change? Would you like a chance to use your skills to help the community? Are you interested in creative thinking, strategic planning and expanding your network within Yorkshire?
We are especially keen to hear from individuals with one of the following areas of expertise:
- HR: a good understanding of UK Employment law, able to guide the organisation on various HR related issues, including updating related policies and maintaining best practice.
- Finance: The trustee will lead the Finance & HR sub-committee and ensure the organisation’s financial position is in control and the various controls set are being maintained. Having a deep knowledge of charity accounts, experience in audit and a background in financial accounts is desirable as is being a qualified accountant.
- Legal: Qualified Lawyer, specialising in litigation, able to support the Exec team in their management of our (paid) legal service providers.
As a Trustee, your role will be to:
- With the board and executive team, set the organisation’s strategic aims, be a critical friend and ensure the necessary financial and human resources are in place for us to meet our objectives.
- Provide leadership of the organisation within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed.
- With the board and executives, set the organisation’s values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its stakeholders, key funders and others are understood and met.
- Keep the executives of the organisation up to date with any changes/trends within your field of expertise which might impact the organisation directly or indirectly.
- Represent the organisation at various events and networking opportunities and be an advocate, where appropriate.
Please download our Trustee role pack to find out more. Browse our current Board of Trustees here. If you would like to have an informal, confidential chat about this opportunity, or have any queries, please contact our Executive Director Bhuvan Sharma.
How to apply
There are three ways to apply. Send a covering letter, an audio recording of up to 4 minutes (MP3 file ) or a video application of up to 4 minutes (MP4) using WeTransfer.
Please explain why you are interested in becoming a Trustee and outline how your skills and experience meet the Trustee Profile in the role description pack. Please include your CV and email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Trustee Recruitment’.
We are now recruiting for trustees on a rolling basis, so please get in touch if you are interested in joining out board.
About Yorkshire Dance
Each year Yorkshire Dance supports 200 local dance artists, hosts 4 dance festivals, runs 4 sub-regional dance networks and delivers 1,500 weekly community dance sessions for over 1,500 participants. Dance sessions take place in our studios, in community centres and care homes throughout Leeds and Bradford. You can find out more about our current programmes on our website and social media.
Benefits of working at Yorkshire Dance
- Hybrid working including time in the office and at home (if required).
- Training opportunities both relevant to your role and the organisation (e.g. the full staff team have recently undertaken training in anti-racism, Dementia Awareness and Trans Awareness)
- Pension scheme
- An annual Go See Fund to purchase tickets for dance performances (and complimentary tickets for most performances run by Yorkshire Dance).
- Membership of the professional bodies (where relevant)
- Maternity and sickness pay in line with our policies
- Tech scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bus to Work scheme (discounts on First Bus and Trans Dev)
- Eye care
Our jobs are open to all.
We recognise the positive values of diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our jobs are open to all and we particularly welcome applications from D/deaf, disabled and neuro-diverse people, people of African or Caribbean heritage and people of South, East and South East Asian heritage, as they are currently under-represented at Yorkshire Dance.
We will commit to interviewing people who are ethnically diverse or have a disability who meet the essential criteria of for the role.
We operate a transparent scoring system, applying a score against each response the candidate gives to the essential skills and experience required by this role. If you would like more information about the scoring system please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a tick box on the application form which asks: Do you wish to be considered for this role due to experiencing racism or a disability? [ ]
Please tick this box if relevant to you. We will never ask for clarifying or supporting information at application stage. Information collected within the equal opportunities form is kept separately and anonymously and does not form part of the selection process.
If you require support in completing your application, or would like to receive or submit the application in an alternative format, please contact our Administrator Lizz on: email@example.com