A dance programme to tackle inactivity among older adults, delivered by a partnership of One Dance UK, Yorkshire Dance and darts (Doncaster Community Arts). Now also online!Read More
Mon 14 September 2020
Tue 17 March 2020
Wed 22 January 2020
- Mon 28 SeptemberSep WorkshopDance On Master Class: Break Dancing with Ella MesmaVenue: Online via Zoom Part of: Dance On MoreFree
- Tue 29 SeptemberSep Dance On Master Class: Vogue with Darren PritchardVenue: Part of: Dance On MoreFree
- Wed 30 SeptemberSep WorkshopDance On Master Class: African Dance with Nii Kwartey OwooVenue: Part of: Dance On MoreFree
About Dance On
Dance On is an exciting project is for over 55s bringing citywide dance programmes to Bradford, Leeds and Doncaster.
We are working with our community partners and participants to get physical sessions up and running in Bradford and Leeds. This is looking very different in each area due to local lockdown restrictions. At the moment we have a small selection of sessions running outdoor and indoor in both areas. We are looking forward to welcoming people back to dancing in a social distanced, fun, safe environment!
We are working with community partners to restart physical sessions to our existing Dance On participants. This is subject to change with local lockdowns etc. For more information contact Adie Nivison via email: email@example.com
Don’t forget you can also take part in our Dance On classes online:
- Follow along with our of video dance classes below. Our tutors will lead you through a Dance On class from their homes.
- Join us for an online Zoom class on, Tuesdays (2.00pm – 3.00pm), Wednesdays (2.30pm – 3.30pm) and Fridays (10.30am -11.30am). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07743172419 find out more.
- Take part in our week of Dance On Master Classes to celebrate International Day of Older People. Find out more and book your place here: https://yorkshiredance.com/whats-on/
Please consider joining our regular supporters to help us get back on our feet following lockdown. You can make a one-off donation or join our regular supporters by clicking here.
More about Dance On, our partners and research:
Dance Development Artists with a specialism in working with older people will build links to communities and work with Health and Social Care partners to reach out and engage older people who may be socially isolated or inactive. The aim is to create a programme that is sustainable in the long term with participants contributing to cost and volunteer support.
Dance On is funded by Sport England and One Dance UK is working with regional partner Yorkshire Dance and local delivery partner darts (Doncaster Community Arts) to establish at least 30 new dance groups in disadvantaged areas over the next two years.
The University of Leeds will carry out detailed research on the programme to build on existing evidence, which shows that dancing can improve mobility, prevent falls and enhance mental wellbeing and brain function. The Dance On programme can potentially make cost savings for Health and Social Care, which will be investigated through a Health Economics study.