We invest in a community of artists in order to make sure their practice can thrive:
- We support dance partner projects: these are projects by artists whose work aligns itself clearly to our artistic policy.
- We support dance catalyst projects which might encompass a rainbow of aesthetics but have at heart the desire to support and nurture dance in an area of low provision.
1 to 1 Artist Advisories
We offer creative and practical advice to dance artists based in and making work in Yorkshire, providing support for artist’s individual needs, at any stage of their career.
Our Producers have a wealth of experience in project- and artist-development and in community and participation work, and are able to help with areas such as:
- developing clear and compelling artistic ideas
- writing budgets and funding applications
- finding collaborators and partners
- planning and booking tours
- signposting contacts and opportunities
- marketing your work
To register your interest please email Tanya Steinhauser with a short statement on what you would like to discuss: email@example.com
Sharing your work
Yorkshire Dance’s Friday Firsts performance programme enables artists to test out new work at various stages of development:
- scratching a new idea
- showing work-in-progress
- work by students and recent graduates
- work that is ready to tour but not long enough to be a full evening performance
In addition to the above, we welcome all artists to: