Working with Artists
We invest in a community of artists in order to make sure their practice can thrive.Read More
Thu 12 April 2018
Mon 29 January 2018
Wed 6 December 2017
- Sun 23 SeptemberSep WorkshopMESH WorkshopVenue: Yorkshire Dance Part of: Working with Artists MoreFREE - booking essential
- Fri 5 OctoberOct PerformanceLight Night at Yorkshire DanceVenue: Yorkshire Dance and beyond... Part of: Working with Artists MoreNo need to book - just turn up!
- Fri 26 OctoberOct PerformancePerforming Gender | Research SharingVenue: Yorkshire Dance Part of: Performing Gender | Working with Artists MoreFREE
- Mon 29 OctoberOct WorkshopRequardt & Rosenberg workshopVenue: Yorkshire Dance Part of: Working with Artists More£15.00 to £10.00
- Fri 18 JanuaryJan WorkshopArtists Exchange Workshop | Female LeadershipVenue: Yorkshire Dance Part of: Working with Artists More View All
- We support dance partner projects: these are projects by artists whose work aligns itself clearly to our artistic policy.
- We support dance catalyst projects which might encompass a rainbow of aesthetics but have at heart the desire to support and nurture dance in an area of low provision.
- developing clear and compelling artistic ideas
- writing budgets and funding applications
- finding collaborators and partners
- planning and booking tours
- signposting contacts and opportunities
- marketing your work
- scratching a new idea
- showing work-in-progress
- work by students and recent graduates
- work that is ready to tour but not long enough to be a full evening performance
About Working with Artists
We invest in a community of artists in order to make sure their practice can thrive:
1 to 1 Artist Advisories
We offer creative and practical advice to dance artists based in and making work in Yorkshire, providing support for artist’s individual needs, at any stage of their career.
Our Producers have a wealth of experience in project- and artist-development and in community and participation work, and are able to help with areas such as:
To register your interest please email Tanya Steinhauser with a short statement on what you would like to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your work
Yorkshire Dance’s Friday Firsts performance programme enables artists to test out new work at various stages of development: