Working with Artists
We invest in a community of artists in order to make sure their practice can thrive.Read More
Thu 18 July 2019
Fri 14 June 2019
Wed 13 February 2019
About Working with Artists
We invest in a community of artists in order to make sure their practice can thrive:
- We support dance partner projects: these are projects by artists whose work aligns itself clearly to our artistic policy.
- We support dance catalyst projects which might encompass a rainbow of aesthetics but have at heart the desire to support and nurture dance in an area of low provision.
1 to 1 Artist Advisories
We offer creative and practical advice to dance artists based in and making work in Yorkshire, providing support for artist’s individual needs, at any stage of their career.
Our Producers have a wealth of experience in project- and artist-development and in community and participation work, and are able to help with areas such as:
- developing clear and compelling artistic ideas
- writing budgets and funding applications
- finding collaborators and partners
- planning and booking tours
- signposting contacts and opportunities
- marketing your work
Sharing your work
Yorkshire Dance’s performance programme enables artists to test out new work at various stages of development:
- scratching a new idea
- showing work-in-progress
- work by students and recent graduates
- work that is ready to tour but not long enough to be a full evening performance